Forums

IMPORTANT NOTICE

From the 1st December our free online Infertility Network community will be moving over to our busy Health Unlocked community. It's a place where you can share your experiences anonymously if you prefer, ask questions, and get support from others who know just how it feels to struggle with fertility issues, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's free to join and register, just visit here.

Features such as ask our nurse, counsellor and embryologist, and a few new ones, will remain on our website, so you can continue to seek advice directly from our staff in this way.

If you should have posts that you wish to keep, such as those in 'introductions' or 'my story', then we would advise that you copy them. There may be some disruption to service in the period leading up to the transition. Our More to Life and ACeBabes forums will not be affected by this change.

AMH Levels

Posted by: Relly33 - 25 Nov 13 11:11

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone knew much about AMH levels.  I have recently been tested and my level came back as 8....the nurse said it was a little low but about right for my age (I am 34).  After using Dr Google, I am now worried sick after reading my level is low and I have low ovarian reserve.  Does this now mean I wont be able to get pregnant or it will affect things if I go for IVF? I am so worried...the nurse at my clinic didnt seem too phased but all I read is terrible things.  Part of me wishes I have never looked online as this has made me very upset. A few kind and helpful words of assurance would be great right now.  Thank you x x

Please login to post a comment. Or create an account

Sadly counsellors are not medically qualified, you are welcome to speak with Diane on the Advice Line and we always suggest firstly discussing your results with a doctor or nurse at your clinic who will use your AMH in conjunction with other test results.

Tracey

Volunteer Counsellor

Posted by: Tracey Sainsbury - Volunteer Counsellor - 3 Dec 13 09:12

Hi Reilly33.  I have been asked to reply to your question regarding AMH levels.  A reading of 8 does come into the “low fertility” range.  This will mean that if you decide to go for IVF treatment, then your consultant may offer you a “short” protocol instead of the standard “long” one, in order to work with your own hormones and to protect your ovaries.  I would hope that at your age it could be higher reading, but it is quite “useable”.  I wish you well with the eventual outcome.  Kind regards Diane

Posted by: Diane - Supportline - 6 Dec 13 01:12

thank you for  both your answers.  I have my next appt with my fertility doctor in January so will ask more questions then as so far I have only spoken with the nurses.  You've been really helpful x x

Posted by: Relly33 - 10 Dec 13 07:12

User Login

email

password

Forgotten your password and need a new one, click here

To register for our forums you simply need to create a username and password - it's free!

Click here

Search the forums

Recent Posts

Recent Comments