National Fertility Awareness Week is Monday 31st October to Sunday 6th November 2016. It is your week; save the dates now and please join us in raising awareness of the couples who struggle to become parents.
Fertility issues are all too often misrepresented and misunderstood. Itâ€™s common for media attention to be focused on stereotypes of fertility struggles: the 30 – or 40 – something career woman whoâ€™s left it too late; the against-the-odds IVF success story or the woman whoâ€™s apparently easily come to terms with childlessness â€“Â but this is far from the real picture.
During National Fertility Awareness Week we aim to highlight the unseen, intimate and day-to-day reality of fertility issues, to overturn commonly-held misconceptions about fertility and to shine a spotlight on untold fertility stories.
â€˜In the UK, 1 in 6 couples experience the pain fertilityÂ issues bring. Even if you donâ€™t have direct experience, you probably know someone who does â€“ a family member, friend or work colleague. We hope people will join in, raise funds and help change perceptions about fertility issues.â€™
The five focus areas for this yearâ€™s media campaign are:
- The myth of the middle-aged would-be-mum: fertilityÂ issues in your 20s and early 30s
- The truth about fertility treatment: IVF fails 75 per cent of the time; what is it like to face multiple rounds of treatment?
- The hidden half: men are just as likely as women to suffer from fertility issues
- Facing up to childlessness: coming to terms with childlessness is too often portrayed as a straightforward process when the reality is far from that
- Life after successful IVF: the taboo of secondary infertility and can life as the parent of an IVF miracle ever be normal?
- So what are we asking of you? Quite simply help us to raise awareness and raise funds so we can continue to help and support The Hidden Face.
Go to our Raising Funds page where we have some great ideas for raising much needed funds to continue the work thatÂ Fertility NetworkÂ UK do.
Have a look at our Raising Awareness page, there are so many ways you can help us the â€˜spread the wordâ€™ letâ€™s see how many people we can reach this year.
All we ask is that if you areÂ visting this website then please â€“ Do Something, it doesnâ€™t matter what you do, just do something!
We cannot do this without your support; thank you all very much.
#NFAWUK #HiddenFace #fertilityin5
Infertility Network UK Scotland
The Fertility Cycle
During National Fertility Awareness Week, Infertility/Fertility Â Network Scotland is holding a static bike challenge. This will take place on Â Wednesday 2nd November at Glasgow Central Station between 8am â€“ 4pm to help Â raise awareness of the fertility issues. Anyone can take part, whether itâ€™sÂ cycling for 10mins, half an hour, or an hour. If you would like to help, please contact Gwenda Burns at email@example.com